We all know the arc of the hero’s journey: The hero sets out on an adventure and pursues a path—usually reluctantly and despite himself or herself. During the journey, the hero faces many internal and external challenges until her or she is transformed, becomes confident and reaches his or her goal.
We’ve seen this arc in books and movies and experienced the hero’s journey in our own lives many times.
The heroine’s journey follows a much different path. It’s not as neat and tidy, and the reward is almost always an intangible one.
But at its core, the heroine’s journey follows an arc, too.
If you’re venturing on your own heroine’s journey, here are the five phases you will cycle through:
- Curiosity: You begin to look around and notice what’s working in your life—and what’s not.
- Practice: You become intensely curious about the Divine Feminine.
- Connection: You look for ways to connect to something deeper: Your soul, the matrix of being, the Great Mother, the source of all life.
- The Cycle: You find your own unique ways to connect—through your body, meditation, etc.—and you cycle in and out of that connection and the learnings each cycle teaches you.
- Sacred Marriage: With an access point, you are now wed to this sacred, powerful connection.
To help you further understand what to expect in each cycle, I put together a (FREE!) guide, A Guide to Discovering the Divine Feminine, which you can download here.